Post by Dark on Mar 4, 2013 17:38:50 GMT -8
001. Location The Base is located in North American in what used to be the United States. It's located nearly a thousand miles from either ocean.
002. Water There are no large rivers in the city or near the Base. The closest river is two days walk away. There is a creek in the forest, though, and a small well on the Base. Loners in the city will have to get water from rain, which sometimes must be boiled and cleaned.
003. Seasons The area which this site focuses around has four distinct seasons: rainy springs, dry and hot summers, chilly autumns, and snowy winters.
001. Time For the sake of roleplaying, a single season will last two real life months. A season, in this case, is three months. This will most likely be sped up when we are more established.
002. Aging Every six months, a character is a whole year older. It is not up to the staff to keep track of a character's aging. We will, however, alert you when each spring begins. It's not super necessary to keep track of when your character ages. So long as your character isn't the same age three or four years later, we don't mind.
003. Liquid Time We do allow liquid time. For those of you who don't know, this means that a character can be in multiple threads at once. It's up to the individual member to keep track of what happened in each thread. Usually, the thread that was started first occurs before the one started after.
Odds & Ends
001. Signatures We request that if your character has a special item bought from the store, it is listed in the account's signature. It's also preferred that you put in the signature of the account if the character is a shapeshifter or has a familiar. Kindly list the species for shapeshifters, and both species and name for familiars.
002. Disabilities At the moment, we are not allowing the creation of characters with physical or mental disabilities or illnesses. This includes blind, deaf, or mute characters and characters with personality or mental disorders. Physical (and perhaps emotional) scarring is allowed, though.
003. Rejoining the Base A character can leave the base at any time and become a loner again. If your character decides to do this, please PM a staff member so they can change the status of your account. However, if a character leaves and then later tries to rejoin, s/he will have to draw a new job and start leveling up all over. (There are exceptions to this, primarily for plot purposes.)
004. Traveling It is possible for characters to leave the Base and the city altogether and go traveling across the continent. However, we will not roleplay this here. If a character leaves, the account will be made inactive. If you wish to have the character return, just PM a staff member and they will change the account to loner.
005. Money It should be noted that money is almost never used anymore. To most surviving humans, coin and cash money is little more than bits of metal or decorative paper. Instead, to acquire new items, most people will trade or barter.